This exercise is from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I think it’s a good one. In our busy days, we often forget to be thankful, or at least remember how blessed we are for those that love us.
List 5 people in your life who totally support you. Next to each name write one reason that you are thankful for them. If one person on your list is someone you haven’t talked to in awhile, call them up and invite them out for lunch or tea. Start making time for the people who give you energy and give less time to the people who drain your energy.
I’d like to share my own Gratitude list for today.
1. Jo-Ann – for giving me the inspiration to accomplish my goals and believe in my talents
2. Michael – for teaching me not to take myself so seriously and to believe in science
3. John – for being my companion, no matter how ridiculous I may get
4. Loretta – for sending me the best mail and making me laugh
5. Theresa and Matt – for being my friends as well as my siblings
I know, I sorta did 6. And I could do more. I’m lucky to have so many people who love and care for me, most of them far away, but distance doesn’t mean much when you’re family. They pick me up when I’m down, give me a nudge when I’m lagging behind, and pull me back to reality when my horse is too high. My people make life better… and easier everyday.