I received this recipe through an email recipe exchange that I’m participating in. It was sent by The All-Star’s lovely cousin Maria (thanks girl). I thought I’d share it all with you…just in time for Turkey Day.
Citrus Cranberry Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- zest of 1 orange
- zest of 1 lemon
- 24 oz fresh cranberries
- Place water, sugar and cinnamon sticks into a 4 quart sauce pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in zest and cook at a slow boil until syrup has reduced by one-half and the zest is soft and candied, about 10 – 15 minutes. Remove the zest with a fork and spread out onto waxed paper to cool.
- Add the cranberries and cook over low heat, stirring, until they pop. Remove from heat, return zest to the pot and cool at room temperature.
- Remove cinnamon sticks, stir well, and transfer to a bowl. Can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator up to three days.
- For best flavor remove from refrigerator one hour before serving.