This is a not-so-healthy recipe but they taste pretty good so I thought I’d share. I wouldn’t mind a glass of milk to dip one in. Or a cup of coffee! Oh boy, breakfast tomorrow! Here’s the recipe if you care to give it a try…
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional additions: dark chocolate covered almonds, raisins
- Preheat oven to 350º. Combine flour, baking power, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Add additional optional ingredients (chocolate, raisins, etc). Spoon onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool and ENJOY!
Sorry about the lame picture. My camera battery died and the charger is somewhere in a box in LB. This was taken with my cell phone.
Other things in boxes at LB…my cookie sheet – so I had to use tin foil, and my mixer – so I had to cream the butter and sugar by hand, booooo. I also used a whole can of canned pumpkin when I was supposed to use half. Life is funny and I am not a good baker. At least I have cookies!